Beneficial Factors of Ghee
Our ancestors have always spoken about the Ghee Benefits and its importance, so why not use this health wisdom to the fullest. Satva Ghee is great on taste and made from 100% Gir Cows and Murrah Buffalos’ milk. In Ayurveda, and according to the Vedic process of making desi ghee, only grass-fed animal's ghee has the most benefits. The team at Satva believes in Indian Ayurveda and Vedic process of making clarified butter.
The Vedic process we follow to make desi ghee:
- We only import milk from Indian cattle breeds – Gir Cows and Murrah Buffalos! These breeds are being domesticated by Indians since the Vedic period (Bronze age period of India)
- The first Sanskar: The milk is boiled to ensure it is free from all types of bacteria and now safe for a further process
- In a pot, the naturally obtained cream or malai is collected from the surface of these boiled milk and stored into pots for yeasting with yogurt.
- After the yeasting process, the pot product is churned to separate the loni/Makkhan and buttermilk (taak). Here the third sanskar gets completed.
- The loni/makkhan is then heated with a slow cook process until Desi Ghee is obtained
- The ghee is then packed into subjective bottles which are sterilized and completely safe to use.
Benefits of Ghee
- Rich in Fat Soluble Vitamins A, D, and E.
- Contains a significant level of butyric acid, an anti-carcinogenic short-chain fatty acid.
- Helps in building a healthy digestive tract as it improves your digestion.
- Builds strong bones With Vitamin K2
- Reduces Inflammation.
- Boost Energy & Immune System. The significant levels of vitamin A in ghee make it ideal for protecting eye health. As per Ayurveda, eating ghee regularly helps in improving eyesight.
- Ghee increases vital Ojas in the body; Ojas is the subtle energetic force that is responsible for one’s energy, vitality, and immunity.
- Ghee calms Pitta and Vata, hence it is ideal for people with Vata-Pitta.
- Ghee is a well-known treatment in Ayurveda for relieving dryness in the body, as it is oily and moisturizing by nature. Whether taken internally or applied externally, ghee has the ability to nourish and lubricate the tissues on a cellular level.
- Ghee promotes flexibility as it lubricates the joints and connective tissues and promotes flexibility.
- Loaded with Vitamin K2, ghee plays an important role in the development of the baby’s facial features and teeth.
- According to Ayurveda, ghee is considered to be a satvic food. Satvic foods promote good health, positivity and personal growth.