Benefits of Ghee over Refined Cooking Oil
Ghee or clarified butter is produced by heating butter to remove milk solids and water. Ghee apart from enhancing the taste also provides strength, vigor, and vitality to the body.
People have become more cautious towards health and nutrition; they are more and more aware about the quantity and quality of fat they are consuming in every day. Ghee has recently gained popularity as a superfood; it is the number one choice of people leading healthy lifestyle.
Refined oil on its contrary are obtained after processing natural oils with various chemicals. They contain a very high amount of Polyunsaturated fats in them which are highly unstable. These oxidized fats cause inflammation and mutation in cells. Many issues from cancer, heart disease, endometriosis, PCOS, etc. are said to be a result of these polyunsaturated fats. These oils also contain a lot of pesticides and chemicals. They are full of artificial antioxidants like BHA and BHT (Butylated Hydroxy anisole and Butylated Hydroxytoluene). The artificial antioxidants help in storing the food for a long time. They lead to health problems like immune system issues, infertility, behavioral problems, and liver and kidney damage. The refinement of oil has dangerous effects on various organs of our body.
Ghee is known to be free of polyunsaturated fats, unlike refined oil. Ghee is a natural and traditional source of fat often used in Indian kitchen for cooking. Here are some of the benefits of ghee over refined oil:
– Ghee consists of medium-chain fatty acids which are processed and absorbed by the liver and burnt as energy. Ghee is a great source of energy for people with an active lifestyle.
– Ghee contains a type of omega-6 fatty acids called conjugated linoleic acid that are extremely good for health and induces fat burning which leads to weight loss.
– Ghee contains high level of vitamin K2 which helps our body to absorb calcium that leads to healthy bones and prevents tooth decay.
– Butyric acid is produced in our body while digesting fiber which helps in aiding digestion. Ghee is rich in butyrate that helps reduce inflammation and helps to heal digestive track.
– Ghee contains a rich variety of fats and high levels of monounsaturated fatty acids (MFA) which helps in reducing the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the levels of good cholesterol (HDL).
– Ghee is a great remedy for people who have dryness, itching, burning and aching in eyes. Ayurveda suggests cow ghee is the best tonic for the eyes. Significant levels of vitamin A in ghee helps in maintaining eye health.
– Ghee is ideal for those with lactose intolerance as during the preparation all the dairy residues are simmered off.
Apart from being used in cooking, Ghee is also beneficial for external uses. Satva Ghee recommends usage of ghee over refined oil. We manufacture pure ghee under hygienic conditions, and it is conveniently available online on our website prathamfoods.com and web marketplace Amazon.